About Arturo Castro - Principal
Arturo established Spanish Systems over 25 years ago. Clients have included top organizations such as Marriott International, PGA Tour and McDonald's.
Currently employed by the National University of Mexico, UNAM, as Head of Business and Cultural Affairs; Mr. Castro designs specialized language, leadership, diversity and workforce development programs.
He is a dynamic and engaging instructor, as proven by his experience with one or 800 participants in a given session.
Arturo holds a degree in Hospitality Management from Mexico City, he has served assignments in Canada, México, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Colombia, Argentina, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and throughout the United States.
- Provides various leadership and engagement seminars for leaders of Latino employees
- Provides cultural and linguistic competency workshops to Latino parents and educators
- Designed Spanish for Hospitality Managers Course, Spanish for Golf Course Management and Spanish for Educators Programs
- Instructor and Consultant for parenting workshops for Chicago Public Schools
- Consultant for leaders of multicultural teams for firms
- Certified instructor for the State of Illinois and City of Chicago Food Safety Certification Courses
- Translated the ServSafeŽ products for The Educational Foundation of the National Restaurant Association
Facilitates his own Leadership of Latino Employees Workshop
- Helped establish a partnership between the Educational Foundation of the National Restaurant Association and Mexico's Hotel and Restaurant industry to develop a national certification program in ServSafeŽ
- Professional simultaneous interpreter for multi-day seminars, conventions and training programs, both domestic and worldwide
- Professional translator of legal, technical and management documents and manuals
- Guest/keynote speaker at the American Hotel Association, the Council for Hotel and Restaurant Trainers, and national restaurant chains
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish
Facilitation and Training Experience
1. Foundations of Leadership - Marriott's management development program for entry level managers. The 4 day seminar includes: Communication Skills [listening, feedback and questioning skills]. Performance Management, Customer Service, Interviewing Skills [Behavior-based interviewing], Balancing Work and Personal Life, TQM background and tools, Problem Solving, Team Building, Cross-cultural Communication, 7 Habits, Self Development Plan.
2. Large-scale TQM seminars - Marriott's introduction to TQM for properties. A three-day session which includes general TQM principles, measurement tools [Pareto Charts, Flow Charts, Run Charts, etc.] problem statement, Vision Statement, Internal Customer concepts.
3. Training Skills - a two-day training and presentation skills seminar.
4. Welcome to Marriott - a two-day session for new Marriott properties.
5. Sexual Harassment Awareness various one day workshops. Facilitated over 25 sessions [1,300 employees] for one company. Designed by Spanish Systems, Inc.
6. Partners in Career Development - a two day workshop designed to help managers manage their career and development path at Marriott.
7. Leadership Skills for Leaders of Latinos - Spanish Systems, Inc.
8. ServSafe Certification and Train the Trainer - McDonald's
9. ServSafe Certification and Train the Trainer (Food Safety)
10. Team Building Retreats
Arturo has worked extensively with the hospitality industry in areas of Spanish communication, cultural and training fields. He has coached executives on Leadership, Team and cross-cultural issues.